25/03/2013

K☆STAR LOVERS ‘IU’ [TRANSLATION]



[TRANS] K☆STAR LOVERS ‘IU’ Vol.1
(1:41)
LM: Nice to meet you, IU.
IU: Nice to meet you too.
LM: Please introduce yourself then.
IU: Yes, hello. I’m IU. Nice to meet you.
RG: IU, you’ll be releasing your original mini-album “Can You Hear Me?” on the 20th of March, how do you feel about that?
IU: Ah, I’m really looking forward to it, because it’s the first time I’m releasing original Japanese songs. Since it’s also the first time I’m including a song written by me as well, I’m really looking forward to it.
LM: Janet Jackson’s famous American producers wrote two songs for this mini-album, so how was it like working with them?
IU: It was amazing and felt awesome. The title song 「Beautiful Dancer」very much has a pop feel, so I thought it was indeed a composition by Jam & Lewis. But for the song 「Truth」, I felt that it was completely J-POP style, so I was surprised to find out that it was composed by them. I really like both songs.
RG: J-POP hit maker, HIRO, also participated in the production of “Can You Hear Me?” so how was it like working with him?
IU: HIRO-san gave me a present on the last day. He’s handsome and nice, so I think he’s a smart gentleman.
LM: The songs on this mini-album were probably chosen by you, but which part of the lyrics is your favourite?
IU: It’s the first time I’m including my own composition, so it’s my favourite. The song lyrics are about a shy girl confessing her feelings. It’s about leaving a message on voicemail. She’s really shy and starts to confess, but then suddenly she goes, “nevermind”, which is a pity. That part is the highlight of the song.
RG: You’re starting to write your own lyrics now, as a songwriter, where do you place your goal?
IU: I would like to write songs that suit my voice perfectly.
RG: You have a wonderful voice, but could you share with some tips on maintaining it?
IU: Nothing in particular, but…
RG: It’s good without you doing anything?
IU: Keep drinking warm water, or sleeping… (Laughs)
LM: Even so, you put on amazing performances with a wonderful voice when you stand on stage. With your small frame, where does that power come from?
IU: Umm… food (Laughs). In particular, when I come to Japan, there’s lots of delicious food, so I gain power from that.
(5:31)


K☆STAR LOVERS 'IU' Vol.2 by manyuenhk

[TRANS] K☆STAR LOVERS ‘IU’ Vol.2 (00:41)
RG: The name ‘IU’ brings to mind clear fair skin, cuteness and makeup, but do you have any tips for maintaining your beautiful skin?
IU: To be honest, there are lots of celebrities with better ‘mochi skin’ than I do, so I see many flaws in my skin.
RG: It doesn’t seem to be that way!
IU: My makeup artist does a good job, so you can’t tell.
LM: They often describe your skin as milky in Korea. Many girls in Japan dream of having such skin. You mentioned food just now, so what kind of food are you interested in?
IU: Nothing in particular (umm did she misinterpret the question here? keke), but if you apply fair makeup, then you’ll look fair (Laughs). I think that’s all there is to it.
RG: You’ve gradually become more pretty after your debut, do you pay a lot of attention to your makeup?
IU: I do droopy eyes (for makeup).  I draw below my eyes to make them look larger.
RG: Droopy eye makeup?! Besides that, do you apply stuff like lipstick or eye makeup (like mascara), or colours?
IU: My favourite lipstick colour is red. I applied some red lipstick today too.
LM: Red lipstick looks really striking with fair skin. Your lips look really striking in your album covers so far.
IU: Thank you.
LM: Was that what you wanted?
IU: Yes, that’s right. Red is my favourite.
RG: You always look so fashionable, are there any places you frequent or any concerns you have after shopping?
IU: I usually shop in Japan.
RG: Where (do you shop) at?
IU: A place called “109”…
RG: You go there?
IU: Yes, “109” or “La Fore”… I really… do shopping there.
LM: Everyone heard that? IU frequents Shibuya often so, IU fans be sure to go there.
RG: Me, I’m going! I’ll go everyday!
IU: Thank you.
LM: How was it? Hearing from IU directly?
RG: In future, even if there are only small opportunities, I think we would like to work more closely with IU.

(3:34)

Translated by squishy via katsuo Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment