04/02/2013

IU Cancam Magazine 2013 Febuary Interview translation [ENG]


IU interview  (CanCam 2013 Feb. P.178)

“1 Year since Japanese Debut. Real thoughts.”IU is always striving to show her best and consistently putting in her best effort. In an instant, a year has passed and now she shares her thoughts looking back on the past year.

- It’s been a year since your Japanese debut. Looking back, how has the year been for you?

In response to the support from my fans and family, I’ve been constantly advancing towards my own goal. I was looking forward to my Japanese promotions, although I felt slightly nervous about it, but all my fans have been really warm and… I really like giving people surprises but I’ve only been getting surprises from everyone (laughs). Whenever I come to Japan, there are always fans meeting me at the airport, writing me letters and messages in Korean, I realized then, “So there are people waiting like this for me” and that made me very happy. They are all my precious treasures. Thanks to all of you, I’ve had an excellent year. Thank you. Also, compared to a year before, I feel like I have developed in a different way, but at the same time, my confidence to do what I want to do has increased. For example, I want to do more of the live performances that I like, sing more new songs, and have more opportunities to meet all my fans. Therefore, I am taking lessons everyday now. I’ll definitely want to release new songs soon and put on more live performances, so please look forward to that.


IU Interview (CanCam 2013 Feb. P.179)

- What are your plans for the future?

Firstly, I think I need to improve on my Japanese. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m really happy that my fans are writing to me in Korean… so I’d like to repay them and in my free time, I’ve been studying. My goal is to be able to joke with my fans and have better communication with everyone. Next, I’d like to step up on my activities as an artist, such as including more of my own compositions into my album. I’m keeping a diary of daily happenings and my reflections, so I would like to write my songs based on that. Also, above all else, is live performances.  To me, live performance is like a test. Students are all studying diligently for tests, but I take lessons to perform well live. Since I’m able to meet my dear fans, it’s an extremely enjoyable test for me, but it’s also a place to test my own abilities. So to bring satisfaction and enjoyment to everyone through my live performance would give me full marks for my test. I would like to meet everyone again soon. I’ll definitely prepare better songs to meet everyone in future. This time, IU will be the one to bring surprises to everyone so please look forward to it.


[ 10 Questions for IU (CanCam 2013 Feb. P.180) ]

Q. 01 Would you want to be reborn as a girl? Or a boy?
A.  A girl. Because I can enjoy trends such as makeup and fashion, so I want to be reborn as a girl.

Q. 02 What fashion item do you like?
A. Big silhouette items. I like matching an oversized top with a mini bottom (Note: I guess she means something like a miniskirt?).

Q. 03 What is fashion to IU?
A. Interesting stuff. I like being able to express myself in all kinds of ways through the way I coordinate my clothes. After appearing in Cancam, I started to like fashion more and recently, I’ve been reading magazines and learning more about it.

Q. 04 What colour do you like?
A. Yellow. It’s the trend this spring, so I’m into it! I want to try wearing a light yellow one-piece.

Q. 05 What’s your impression of Cancam?
A. Really good. The staff are all friendly, recently I’ve become more familiar with the place and it really feels like home now.

Q. 06 What’s the most important part of your makeup?
A. Making my eyes look naturally big. I put a little eyeshadow, but really use a lot of eyeliner. The most important thing is to emphasise the eyes.

Q. 07 What gives you energy?
A. Responsibility. All my fans, staff and family, are my driving force!

Q. 08 What do you do when you’re free?
A. Cooking. My first hobby. I make stew or ddeokbokki (rice cake) for my family.

Q. 09 Where do you shop?
A. Omotesando, Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku. Basically, I shop in Japan. Laforet and 109. I often go to the Shinjuku Lumine Est store too.

Q. 10 A message to Cancam readers?
A. I am always thankful for your letters and messages. I’ll continue to be with Cancam as IU and as an artist. Please give me your support.



Translated by squishyblob, taken from katsu33’s blog
Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment