13/01/2012

IU recommends trivial but fairytale-esque movies















Once
IU: The music in (Once) is really good but I think I just like those sort of trivial stories. For some reason, it makes me feel like I've become the main actress inside that movie and those words are coming from my own mouth. Haha. Just like in my album this time, 'A Stray Puppy' is a song that speaks my thoughts.

 




P.S I Love You
 IU: When I was in middle school, I watched this movie for the first time. After that, I think I watched it about 40 times. To the extent that I could recite every line from it. There was a scene where the main actress seemed fine and was smiling even after her husband's funeral, but the moment she entered her house, she got rid of her clothes, shook her hair loose, went straight under her blankets and listened to the answering machine. That was really sad. Also, the last of the letters for her that her husband sent to the people around her was the one to her mum. When her mum passed that letter to her warmly, I cried at that part as well.


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
IU: I like the fact that it's a fairytale, but I really like how it's style of fairytale is cynical. It's Disney animation gone nuts. (Laughter) I wanted to try the Wonka chocolate in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' so I bought it back from Japan, I liked the movie that much. But it didn't taste as good as I expected. I wish I could truly taste the Wonka chocolate that appeared in the movie.




New York, I Love You
IU: I like the actress Natalie Portman. I didn't know what 'New York, I Love You' was about, but watched it just for Natalie Portman. Although her love story was really short, I was really wowed. There was a bit of humour too and I think Natalie Portman looked really good when she was bald. In the last part, the message that told their story was really good too. Each episode is connected to the next. I felt that the movie was produced in many different locations.






Ponyo on a Cliff
IU: I love the director Mayazaki Hayao. I watched 'Ponyo on a Cliff' about 100 times or more. Memorised every dialogue. I watched both the Korean version as well as the Japanese version. (Laughs) My favourite scene is when Ponyo was drinking tea and the first part when Ponyo was hit by a water bottle. The village was submerged in water and even the stairs all became just sea, with fishes swimming back and forth, wow I really felt like going to such a place. Being able to see everything under the sea.






(Movie synopses have been omitted.)


Credits to squishyblob @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment