06/07/2012

IU expresses her idea, "School Violence? Use me!"

Posted Image

Singer IU, is gaining a lot of interest due to the idea that she had.

IU attended the fansign meeting for the publication of the book about school violence, 'I'm Sorry', on July 3rd, at the Seoul Gwanghwamun Kyobo Bookstore. She stated "I read the articles about school violence. I hope you will actively use me, the ambassador, to stop this issue."

After receiving the letter of appreciation from the head policer officer Kim Giyong, she continued "After becoming the ambassador for the prevention of school violence, I think this is the first meaningful event I've been to. I'm happy that a book like 'I'm Sorry' was published. I hope adults and kids will read this book and take interest in stopping school violence."

Netizens then commented, "I think IU is different than most ambassadors", "I can't help but say that she's cool" and "I think that if IU continues this they'll be able to solve this issue."

The book 'I'm Sorry' is about the experiences that the 13 members of the Police Agency's Prevention of School Violence task team had about this issue. All the proceeds from this book will be given to the Foundation for Preventing Youth Violence in order to help the victims of school violence.

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment