12/10/2013

[TRANSLATION] IU’s comeback from a young girl to a lady - IU recording her original compositions - Naver Music 131008


Q. What kind of song is ‘Voice Mail’?
A. Just like the title says, it’s a voice message. Denying one’s feelings for someone, but not being able to stand it any longer and ending up confessing one’s feelings to the other. I wrote the lyrics with the intention of recording a voice message, but sometimes I could feel the emotions and sometimes I couldn’t.
Q. Does it feel different when you record your own self-composition compared to when you record other songs?
A. When I record other songs, I just need to pay attention to the song, but since this is a song I wrote, I pay more attention to the lyrics too and I want to do better at it, so I tend to end up spending a longer time recording it.
(00:55)
G.Gorilla: We recorded IU’s composition, “Bad Day” today.
IU: How was the recording today? Are you satisfied with the result?
G.Gorilla: Yeah because the arrangement turned out to be art.
IU: The arrangement is really good.
G.Gorilla: Thank you.
IU: Do you think ‘Bad Day’ will do well?
G.Gorilla: -breathes a sigh-
(01:30)
Q. What changed about IU during the recording this time round?
TEXU: Perhaps because she wrote the lyrics, I think she’s better at interpreting the song by herself now..?
IU: How does one interpret the content of song lyrics then?
TEXU: A slightly darker side of oneself deep inside.. is that right?
IU: Ohh.. yes that’s right. You mean it’s a natural instinct. What’s your natural instinct then?
IU: I’ve finished the recording for today. Could you look at the camera and say a few words?
TEXU: The title of this song is ‘Wait’. Please give it your support. IU fighting!

Translated by squishy with love
Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment