17/02/2012

Bus Concert Story and Interview

Posted Image

02 Bus Concert Filming Sketch

A chat on the bus with the girl who is like vitamin to the nation's citizens, IU

"I still remember the bus my mum took to go to work when I was young, and also the kindergarten bus I took to go to kindergarten."

After debuting at a young age, rapidly growing to become the nation's little sister and having a busy daily schedule, IU still treasures her childhood memories of travelling on buses.



Posted Image

"This is my 'first' concert here and it's quite a unique experience for me~ so I'm feeling even more tensed and nervous."

With no prior experience of being on a commuter bus, this concert will be an even more unusual experience for her. The vitamin-like nation's little sister, IU, who is holding her first ever solo concert on a bus! What kind of image will she present on our 2nd bus concert?


Posted Image

Bus Concert
IU holding her 'first' solo concert
on the commuter bus


Posted Image

“It must be very tiring every morning, so I hope to add some freshness to your morning~!”

This is the moment when our special star IU entered the ever so quiet commuter bus! The bus was filled with joy and cheers, regaining its energetic charge instantly and that is how the second bus concert started off, with IU and the usual workers as its passengers.


Posted Image

“I’m preparing a for a concert today that would make all of us feel as if we are on a school trip!

With ‘Good Day’ as a start, IU captivated the oppas and unnies straight away. With the image of IU constantly singing and smiling, none of the passengers looked tired on their way to work.

Soon after, the campaign song of Bus Concert ‘Catch the Bus’ (IU version) was released for the first time. With IU’s unique fresh voice and the upbeat melody of ‘Catch the Bus’, a 180 degrees change could be seen compared to Kim Bum Soo’s version.

The nation’s Little Sister IU blasted away the fatigue of commuting to work. Now let's watch Hyundai’s bus concert with IU on the commuter bus!


Posted Image


Posted Image

“The fresh morning of Sing-Sing Bus with IU”

I have often imagined my mum’s hard day at work as I watched her leave for work again, passing through the gradually approaching dawn. Even in the hustle and bustle of trying to reach the commuter bus in time my mum always had the time to smile at the sound of her young daughter’s singing.

Fully intending to support families like these, IU prepared a unique and special concert today.

How about starting a day as if you are leaving for a long school trip with IU as she reveals her determination to try to cheer up tired commuters and help them get through the day?


Posted Image

Interview with IU
about the commuter bus

Q: Ever since you became a singer, you probably don't get to take the bus often. Especially since this is a commuter bus, you're probably taking it or the first time, do you have any thoughts you would like to share with us?
After I started my activities as a singer, due to my busy schedule, I have no time to travel by public transport. Although it feels good to be taking a bus again, performing a guerilla concert on the bus feels like it's going to be a special experience for me, so I'm filled with anticipation.


Q: Although you debuted at a young age, you probably have some memories of being a normal kid too. Do you remember taking the school bus or kindergarten bus?
When I was attending kindergarten, I took the kindergarten shuttle bus, then when I went to high school, I continued taking the same shuttle bus to school. Rather than any experiences that left a lasting impression on me, there were many trivial incidents while taking the bus with the same friends everyday. Thinking about it now, the memories seem to have faded a little.


Posted Image

Q: After you debuted, you performed at many concerts, but this is probably the first time you're performing a concert on a bus. What does this bus concert mean to IU?
Being my first bus concert, I'm looking forward to it very much. Having always shared the stage with other singers at their concerts, I'm feeling overwhelmed to have my own solo concert now.


Q: Any similar experiences with guerilla concerts like this bus concert?
I haven't done any guerilla concerts before. Perhaps if I attend schedules overseas, I would like to try having my own guerilla concert and perform my guitar on the streets.


Posted Image

Q: When you hear the word ‘commuter bus’ what kind of bus do you think of?
People dozing off in their seats as morning light slowly shines through the windows.

Q: Have you seen anyone around you use the commuter bus?
I remember my mum taking the commuter bus to work when I was young. I always felt worried for my mother as she carried her exhausted body to work, but since the commuter bus ride is safer and more comfortable than the 10,000 won bus ride, I felt slightly more relieved.

Q: Is there any specific reason IU chose the commuter bus?
I think that's because it has always given me an energetic and bright impression. It really charges up your day and gives you energy, doesn't it?

Q: There are probably some difficulties in holding a bus concert too, what are your biggest concerns?
I think the bus will be full of half-awake passengers. They might just want to rest their eyes or take a break, but I'll be making so much noise that they would be even more tired, that's what I'm worried about.

Q: How would you want your bus concert to turn out to be like?
I hope it won't be like a concert, but rather, like a school excursion that everyone can enjoy together. I would like to the concert to be one that everyone can participate in, with lively songs as the focus.


Posted Image

Q: Do you have any recommendations for songs that people can listen to on the bus, on their way to work?
I would like to recommend Indie Arie's "Good Morning". Just like its title, I hope everyone would have a pleasant morning on their way to work too.

Q: A few words to the passengers you are about to meet on the commuter bus?
Dragging your fatigued body to work every morning must be tiring, I hope that me, myself, as well as my song, will be able to send you some fresh energy even if it's just a little!

Q: Finally a message of support to the passengers who unfortunately couldn't join us for this bus concert.
You must be really tired from travelling every morning and evening. Even so, I hope you'll gain some strength from listening to some good music on your way to work or back from work! Korea's office workers, fighting!


Credits to squishyblob and ahj<3IU @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment