25/02/2012

Cancam April 2012 Issue Interview

Translated from a Korean translation of the interview. Any volunteers to shed light on what the other small bits and pieces of Japanese are about?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image


Q: How does it feel now that your first solo live showcase in Japan has come to an end?

I was looking forward to holding my first live showcase in Japan for a long time, so I'm truly happy. Although I was feeling nervous before the show, the moment I stepped onto this stage, I saw that there were more fans present than I expected and I'm really touched by all the support I've received.


Q: IU's powerful voice has really brought up the atmosphere at the concert hall. Why did you choose to debut in Japan with 'Good Day'?

I felt that it's the song that's most well-known among Japanese fans, so we decided to sing this song in Japanese, as a gift to the fans.


Q: You really took the fans by surprise, your Japanese really improved a lot.

Thank you. In order to familiarise myself with the language, I studied hard.


Q: Although the MC asked this as well, having to sing the Korean song in Japanese was tough, wasn't it?

Yes. Initially, I found pronouncing the words slightly difficult. However, since there were many words I understood, I familiarised myself with the lyrics and memorised them, so after some time, it didn't seem difficult anymore. I wanted to convey my true feelings of gratitude to all my fans for always supporting me. Were my intentions conveyed successfully?


Q: You certainly did with your powerful voice. On top of that, were there any difficulties you encountered during the live showcase this time?

There were many songs that were mostly high-pitched. The moment I saw the setlist, I was taken aback. Since I enjoy singing, I took care of my throat and also sang my songs from the heart.


Q: The fact that the news reporters had to take photos of you during your live showcase rehearsal made me feel that your schedule must be really busy, so how is your health?

I don't have enough sleep and there are times when I feel tired, but the staff brought me delicious Japanese food so I ate a lot and regained my strength. (Laughs)


Q: Do you like eating Japanese food?

Yes, I really like mochi! It's soft and chewy texture is unlike anything in Korea, and when I tasted it for the first time, I was shocked. It's round and cute. (Note: If you need a picture)


Q: It seems eating what you enjoy is your way of relieving stress.

Besides that, since I really like my job, I'm enjoying every single day. I would like to show everyone more IU.


Q: Could you tell us about any place of time whereby you can just be yourself?

When I'm with my family or friends. Actually, basically, I'm always being myself. Whether I'm performing live, or when I'm in front of my fans, or during interviews as well. All this is who IU truly is.


Q: Is there challenge you would like to take up or anything you want to do after you debut in Japan?

I really like the sound facilities here. In order to not lose sight of my original intentions, I'd like to perform live at the Orchard Hall again!!!


When we were talking about your favourite food and all that, she seemed like a simple-minded and candid 18-yr-old but once we talked about her job, she seemed like a totally different person. We can't take our eyes away from the IU that is so full of possibilities.


Credits to squishyblob @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment