07/02/2012

Suho talks about IU in an interview with Omy Star News

 

Suho and IU released a duet, "Monday through Sunday" in 2009. After that, IU released "Good Day" and got famous. When asked about IU, Suho said, "My album has also risen in popularity as a result". Suho, the 'dad' to IU who asked her back then, "Are you a rookie?" now asks, "Which show is IU appearing on again?"

I recorded 'Monday through Sunday' with Jieuni (IU) back then and sent her a message on Nate too. It read, 'You have the feel, as well as the flow, I think you'll make it as a top female singer in Korea within 2 years.' I was 20000% sure that she would make it.

I was teaching many kids then, and gave idol team lessons as well, but I wanted to say, 'This kid is really going to accomplish something great.' Whether it was skills, or sense, she had it all. She didn't cling to popularity, but rather, worked harder on her music, as compared to her peers.

What is Suho's criteria for selecting singers to be featured on his album then? He said, "If I'm lucky, I get to work with famous people, but in fact, from the moment I'm writing the song, I'm already thinking about who would fit the role well. It has to be somewhat who completely matches the music."


Credits to squishyblob @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment