12/03/2012

IU Vogue Girl No. 3 issue Interview

What sort of song is your debut song Good Day?
It’s the Japanese version single of my own Korean hit song. Even so, compared to the Korean lyrics, the girl is a bit younger and sings about her feelings for a guy older than her.

When did your dream to become a singer begin?
I had the opportunity to perform on stage in the 3rd year of middle school and I enjoyed it very much, and then I went for a lot of auditions.

How do you feel looking back now at all the awards you have received so quickly since your debut?
I felt nervous to be sharing the same stage as my seniors during the award ceremonies. Whether I receive the award is of no real concern to me, but it was a really special experience for me.

How was your showcase prior to your debut?
Firstly, since I hadn’t debuted yet, I was really taken aback to find all the seats filled and was really glad that everyone gave warm responses too. Not only was there a wide age range, when I asked the audience, “You’re happy right? You’ll be feeling sad after this?” there was no reaction, which startled me slightly! (lol.. quiet Japanese audience?) But I heard later that the Japanese respond by giving applause (Laughs).

How did you feel when your Japanese debut was confirmed?
To be honest, it still doesn’t feel like reality yet. But the showcase turned out to be above my expectations, so I feel more confident now. Unlike my Korean debut, I hope to slowly and steadily “step up”.

What’s your dream as an artist?
I have very high expectations for myself, so I have no desire to make it big right away. I’m still far from my goal right now. Thus far, there’s no performance that I truly felt satisfied with my singing yet.

What message would you like to convey through music?
When I sing, the first thing that comes to my mind is my emotions. It may not be right for me to say that I put my listeners in second place, but that really comes first.

Your favourite fashion style?
I like the casual Rakuchin style. Right now, I feel like wearing fluffy knitwear. Because In spring, I want to show a cute image ♥ But I’m still learning about style everyday!

What type of boys do you like?
Nice ones. As for Japanese artists, it would be Oguri Shun and Koike Teppei.


Credits to squishyblob @ weheartiu Read more

0 comments:

Post a Comment